Spectator cast Episode 1: Just Spectating

coolcmcgee

trash of 8wayrun
hello 8wayrun this is the start of a somewhat regular podcast featuring @ZeroEffect317 ,@WindofMitsu, @Fuzion, and myself. we hope to record and upload these twice a month. In future episodes we plan to livestream the podcast so that we can take viewer feedback/questions live.
things to expect from this podcast:
-discussion of game mechanics
-"fighting game philosphy" - Fuzion
-general fighting game or fgc related news
- Video analysis
please enjoy (or don't im not your boss) and give us any feedback or topics you would like to tell us.
topics for this episode include:
1. Evo 2015 Lineup http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/jan/20/evo-2015-game-announcement-live-stream-taking-place-now/
2. Jaimie Lee Curtis is attending evo? http://www.esportsmax.com/news/evo-2015-goes-hollywood-jamie-lee-curtis-could-be-bringing-her-son
3. Will Wind ever defeat IRM?
4. can player skill/hard reads make a bad character good or better
5. "80% of the people that play this game don't understand whats going on." - Xephukai
6. Just Guard- some people like it, some people dont, how do you feel about it?
7. Bad habits or things people seem to struggle with
8.•Sacrificing higher damage for better setup - do you like to do that? how much damage are you willing to give up?

extra notes: Fuzion hates burritos and IRM sucks at Marvel super heroes

Last edited:
@coolcmcgee Cool, I'll be looking forward to the next one then. As for the bad habits topic I agree with whiff punishing grabs with another grab is what a lot of intermediate skilled players struggle with. Me for example as a Yoshimitsu main used to do this pretty much all the time when you really should just be going for a 6K whiff punish. Ever since I've go into the habit of using Yoshimitsus' 6K for my whiff punish it has improved my game by a lot. Since his 6K wall splats it leads into one deadly wall combo for 100+ damage and makes for decent oki or ringout too !

Good job on the podcast everyone !

Back