Fan-made SOUL EDGE 2 Game Demo/Beta!

Anyone who actually took the time to download and test this knows that this guy took existing sprites and coded all the characters from scratch. But to assume shit about him and accuse him of "stealing" content simply because of the engine he is using is just being a dick for the sake of being a dick.
Looking at the .def files for the assets shows multiple different authors, and there is no such credit for them in the files other than the hidden ones put there by the people that made the assets. I'm not assuming shit, I downloaded the game and checked before pointing this out.

You don't necessarily have to credit shit if you're doing something entirely non-profit with something. You most definitely don't if they didn't set any special terms for use of their intellectual property. Which - considering those sprites are mostly of already copyrighted material - I seriously doubt there's any issues here, since the original animators probably didn't even get permission from the creators of the characters they animated or whatever into MUGEN in the first place.

Looking at the .def files for the assets shows multiple different authors, and there is no such credit for them in the files other than the hidden ones put there by the people that made the assets.
Which ones? I'm going through the characters' DEF and CMD files and all I see is that he used the DivineWolf template. The stages that aren't his do appear as credited to their original authors.

the only ones with different authors are the stages i gave credit for sprites and stages i edit the soul calibur sprites except for mitsrugi he will have updated sprites but gave credit

the airplane stage was supposed to be a reminiscent stage of Galaga with the music along with Pac-Man as the DLC character

not every character will have the same damage level like in most fighting games this game was made like this because we all love the guest characters for soul calibur well why not make a versus fan game of soul calibur characters going against different characters from other series

and there will be one more dlc character pac-man was for the sake of the namco side now the next dlc character will be fun to see if some of you are fans of them more patches will be released soon!

Back