How do I get started on YouTube?

Retrotator1

[12] Conqueror
I'm thinking about making some YouTube videos eventually (let's plays and showing SoulCalibur V creations). I'm not going for lots of views or anything like that. I Just want to know how to record and upload decent quality videos. I've looked at videos a lot, but I haven't uploaded anything before.
What do think I'll need the most to get started?
Do you have any general advice about uploading to YouTube?

Last edited:
If your lets plays are on a game console, you will need some type of capture card for your computer. You will also need software to record stuff from the capture card. I have recorded videos from my ps3 with Easy Cap. But it is a usb capture card so at times it is not in sync with the actual game play. If you plan to record PC games then all you need is screen capture software. (Such as Fraps.) Of course you could always use a camera to record your gameplays but they're not as clear.

There are a number of devices you can use.

I own an Elgato Game Capture HD, it's small and the set up is easy.

Make sure the specs on your computer can handle this, it cost me about 180 usd from best buy.

Theres also aver media and hauppage

Thanks

I mostly play old and modern consoles.

If you do lets plays or commentary, what do you usually do for sound?

I heard YouTube's been too hard on copyright lately with content ID and tag tracking. Does that only affect people who are trying to earn money from YouTube?

I know nothing about sound, since I don't own a microphone yet.

As for the issue with Youtube, I would try to avoid that completely.

Back