How do I get started on YouTube?

39207c0cfcf6e5be4a69485c46e521cc.png

=(

Thanks
I mostly play on a few old consoles I collected.

SOME HELPFUL TIPS!! >:3

1) Make sure you do commentary over just raw gameplay rips, I noticed people enjoy listening to someone play or their reactions to the things going on in the video over just spectating it.

2) People on Youtube have VERY low attention spans, don't make videos over 5 minutes long, other wise they probably won't bother watching it (usually).

3) Getting Youtube views and lots of subscribers takes times, but usually comes down to random search or bigger channel promotions... For instance: I could triple my subscriber base over night if I were advertised on Pewdipie's channel for 1 day... And upload popular video game soundtracks of new games will reap LOTS of views, but if you wait 6 months you'll hardly get any views for it..

4) Youtube is big about fads! What's popular today and will get you 2 million views probably won't even get you 30K views next week.

5) Don't be too concerned with your subscriber base, getting big on Youtube takes a long time and is very circumstantial, the best you can do is make your videos as high quality as possible, funny as possible, and be active on it... The views and sub counts will come naturally.

Good luck btw... >:] And also I commentate with my Skype mic that I plug into my laptop while I'm recording gameplay usually with my PVR, or unless I use my Xbox mic.

Yeah a lot of what ishimaru said is true. Sharing videos on different websites will also increase your exposure. An example would be if you made your first youtube video ever and it was about Soulcalibur, posting it here would get a lot more views than if you left it alone on youtube.

As far as audience size, I would probably be happy with about 5 to 10 fun comments per video.

I'm still deciding some things and I might give let's plays a try later this year if I can. I'm thinking about starting with the Crash Bandicoot series (in order) and SoulCalibur 5. I mostly like to play around doing funny things with character creation in SoulCalibur 5, but I also might try getting more competitive too. What do you think will be a fun way to let's play SoulCalibur 5 or other fighting games?

Back